Dominic completed his Doctorate in Clinical Psychology in 2004 and has worked in NHS adult psychological therapies services since that time. He has worked as a Consultant Clinical Psychologist and Lead Clinician for an NHS service in West London before re-locating to the South-West.
Dominic’s specialist area is working with adults who are experiencing difficulties with low mood or anxiety. He has published in the area of clinical perfectionism, and has worked individually and facilitated groups for people experiencing low self-esteem, insomnia, depression and anxiety disorders.
Dominic has a collaborative and structured approach to therapy. He has specialist training and experience in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) having completed a postgraduate diploma in CBT in 2009 and he has taught and supervised extensively in this modality. He completed Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) training in 2014 and has used this approach alongside CBT since that time.
Dominic has also attended training in Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and integrates ideas and methods from those therapies into his clinical work where appropriate
- Depression and low mood
- Low self-worth
- Panic attacks
- Work-related stress
- Social anxiety
- OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder)
- PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder)
- Childhood trauma
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, Royal Holloway, University of London, 2004
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre, 2009
- Accredited with the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy (BABCP)
- Registered with the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC)
- Chartered through the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Member of EMDR UK and Ireland
To find out more or to book an appointment: